This Italian Red Snapper Recipe will make the perfect date-night at-home dinner, as it's beautiful, classy, and healthy because it's packed with omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, magnesium, vitamins D and E — godere!
4 red snapper fillets, 5 oz. each
2 oz. dry white wine
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups Roma tomatoes, diced
¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
½ tsp oregano, dried
½ tsp basil, dried
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine white wine, garlic, and seasoning in a small bowl, stirring well.
3. Place fish in a baking dish and pour the wine mixture and tomatoes over it.
4. Then, place the baking dish with the fish in the oven and cook uncovered for 25 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
5. Once cooked, remove from the oven and let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
6. Once cool, divide the fish and serve!
This dish goes well with the following sides which are also 4 servings each: 2 cups of fingerling potatoes roasted with 1 tbsp. of olive oil (which would add ½ Starch & ¾ Fat to your allotments per serving), 2 cups of steamed asparagus (which would add ½ Vegetable to your allotments per serving), or 2 cups of cauliflower mashed together with 1 tbsp. of coconut oil (which would add ½ Vegetable & ¾ Fat to your allotments per serving).