Touchdown Tzatziki Dip
One serving equals ½ Dairy and ½ Vegetable.
- 3 cups (500mL) plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) lemon juice
- 1½ Tbsp (38mL) olive oil
- 3 Tbsp (45mL) fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp (2mL) freshly ground pepper
In a colander, squeeze any access liquid out of the cucumbers; discard liquid. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix well, mashing as necessary to achieve a smooth consistency. Refrigerate for at least two hours before servings, allowing flavours to combine. Serve with Superbowl Lemon Basil Boneless Wings or fresh veggies and cut whole wheat pitas.