This Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe is a delicious, filling, low calorie, vision boosting, heart caring and immune-supporting breakfast dish that'll help start your day — "cozy+smell of pancakes-alarm clock=weekend"
~ Amy Krouse Rosenthal!
1½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon powder
½ tsp. nutmeg powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
¾ cup milk of choice
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
0 calorie cooking spray
1. Add the oats, baking, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a blender or food processor and refine together.
2. Then add the pumpkin, eggs, milk, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of syrup to the mixer and blend together again until smooth.
3. Heat a pan over medium-low heat and coat the bottom with 0 calorie cooking spray.
4. Once the pan is hot and greased, add pancake mix to the pan, making 3 to 4 pancakes at a time, making sure to not crowd them.
5. Cook pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
6. Once all pancakes are cooked, serve them warm with a tablespoon of maple syrup drizzled on top.
Serve with blueberries to add a little extra pop of flavour! If you do feel like adding this topping, ¼ cup of blueberries per serving would add ½ Fruit allotment to your count.