Our Healthy Homemade Burgers Recipe will feed your McDonald's, Harvey's, or Wendy's craving in a weight-loss-friendly way because this wholesome recipe is clean and simple — we hope you relish in deliciousness!
16 oz. extra lean ground beef
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 tbsp. American mustard
4 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. salt
4 burger buns (whole wheat)
½ cup lettuce
1 tomato (sliced)
½ cup onion (sliced)
¼ cup pickles
¼ cup ketchup
1. Preheat grill to high heat, approximately 450°F to 500°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the extra lean ground beef, minced garlic, American mustard, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and salt.
3. Once mixed, separate the mixture into 4 even sections.
4. Once separated, shape the sections into 4 round patties.
5. Once you have your patties formed, grease your preheated grill.
6. Cook the patties for 7 to 9 minutes, flipping them once during that time.
7. Once the patties are cooked, remove them from the grill and start assembling your burgers with the buns, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and ketchup.
8. Once your burger is made, dig in!
Cooked burger patties can be stored in an air-tight container/bag and last up to 5 days in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.