Try our Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad Recipe if you need a vegetarian-friendly BBQ recipe, because it's full of tasty veggies like tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and more!
2 cups Roma (plum) tomatoes, cut into quarters
½ cup green onion, chopped
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 cup red pepper, cut into quarters
1 cup yellow pepper, cut into quarters
1 cup zucchini, with peel cut lengthwise into ¼" thick slices
2 cups cooked penne pasta (whole wheat)
2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the barbecue to medium heat, between 350°F to 375°F.
2. While the grill heats, mix tomatoes, green onions, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and ground pepper in a bowl and toss lightly.
3. Once mixed, transfer tomatoes and green onions to an 8 by 8-inch foil pan sprayed lightly with cooking oil.
4. Then place the tomato and green onion pan on the preheated grill and let cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. While those veggies cook, toss peppers and zucchini in the oil and vinegar mixing bowl and let them marinate.
6. Once the tomatoes and green onions are cooked, remove the pan from the grill and replace it with the peppers and zucchini, which should be placed directly on the grate and cooked for 10 minutes, flipping occasionally.
7. While peppers and zucchini cook, remove tomato skins, if desired, and chop coarsely, along with the green onion.
8. Once the peppers and zucchini are cooked, you'll know by the obvious grill marks and slightly blackened skin, remove them from heat, let them cool, then chop coarsely.
9. Once all vegetables are cooked and chopped, toss them together gently with the pasta and Parmesan cheese.
10. Once the dish is tossed together, serve warm, or put it in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes to chill, then serve cold.