If you've been craving street food recently, try our healthy take on the Greek classic Chicken Gyros Recipe — we promise you won't be disappointed, Kalí óreksi (Good Appetite)!
10 oz. cooked chicken breast, cut into strips
4 small pitas
2 cup lettuce, shredded
1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 cup tomato, chopped
½ cup onion, sliced
4 tbsp. tzatziki sauce
1. Separate each pita into 2 round circles.
2. Spread tzatziki sauce evenly on pita rounds, then arrange chicken strips evenly down the center and top evenly with lettuce, tomato, onion, and cucumber.
3. Fold over left and right sides of pita rounds together, then fold the bottom short end up to close and lock it.
4. Repeat with remaining 3 pitas.
5. Once they're all ready, dig in and enjoy!
You can also prepare the Chicken Gyro "taco style", by folding the pita once in half. To do this, we recommend coating a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, over medium-high heat. Once hot, sprinkle 1 tsp water into skillet, and place 1 pita, seam side down, press firmly down on it. Cook the pita for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Once browned, turn pita, press down firmly again, and cook for 2 more minutes. This will give your pita a crunchier texture and more flavour. Once the pita is "taco-ed" add your toppings and enjoy!