Apple Pie Recipe
One serving (one slice) = ½ Fruit, 1 Starch, 1 Fat, ¼ Dairy
- 1½ cups rolled oats (uncooked)
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ
- 2 pkg. artificial sweetener
- 2 Tbsp light margarine, melted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup (6 oz.) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 medium sweet apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- non-stick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Mix rolled oats, wheat germ, one pkg. artificial sweetener, margarine, baking powder, and vanilla yogurt. Let stand for one hour.
Spread oat batter in a sprayed springform pan in a ¼ -inch thick layer. Cover with a layer of apple and two Tbsps applesauce. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Repeat layering until all apples and sauce are used. Sprinkle remaining artificial sweetener on apples. Bake until golden brown.