| SERVES 6
One serving (one slice) equals ½ fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat, and 1/6 dairy.
- 1½ cups rolled oats (uncooked)
- 2 tbsp. wheat germ
- 2 pkg. artificial sweetener
- 2 tbsp. light margarine, melted
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup (6 oz.) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 medium sweet apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- non-stick cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix rolled oats, wheat germ, one pkg. artificial sweetener, margarine, baking powder, and vanilla yogurt. Let stand for one hour. Spread oat batter in a sprayed springform pan in a ¼ -inch thick layer. Cover with a layer of apple and two tbsps. applesauce. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat layering until all apples and sauce are used. Sprinkle remaining artificial sweetener on apples. Bake until golden brown.